Saturday, December 27, 2008

To Do or Not To Do . . .

I'm still considering sending "Christmas" cards. I printed the pictures a week and a half ago. I bought cheaper cards (thanks for the cute design Holly) that didn't come with envelopes, so my mom picked some up for me at Expedex. I did my letter, bought my stamps, but always forgot to get the envelopes from her until today. Let me just tell you that at this point, I am SOOO glad I saved that $8. Now I have to send them late when all the Christmas excitement is over or feel guilty about not even doing it (and then have to use my holiday stamps for the next year and a half). I send cards, because I love to get your cards. Anyway, in case I don't send them this year (but I'll be the first one you get next year) here's what I would have sent with the extremely loooong version of my letter.

Olivia (2 ½), Olivia, Olivia. She keeps us on our toes with her loud personality. She’s recently become infatuated with Tinkerbell and loves babies. Her favorite baby has become quite mischievous lately (or at least she’s getting blamed for everything anyway). She also sings her own theme song now (to the tune of Match Maker) . . . “Mess Maker, Mess Maker, Make me a mess . . . “ She's a stinker some days, but we can’t imagine life without her fire-cracker spunk.

Addison (5 ½) started Kindergarten this year and absolutely loves it. She did complain once (only once though) about her “tough day” of coloring, running at recess, listening to books and reviewing 2 whole letters. I can’t even imagine . . . She started dance this fall and has found her niche as a performer. She dutifully glues a huge smile on her face like you can’t imagine and just doesn’t stop. She loves to read, play with her friends, ride her bike with Dad and make up games for her and Olivia. She is still our sensitive, pleasant little Addison.

Ashleigh (young-ish) loves being home with the girls and has finally learned to “manage” with 2 so we decided it was time to try to manage another little Hatch. We are all really excited about a new baby coming the end of next May. Ashleigh partnered up with an old college friend and officially started her own Tax, Bookkeeping & Consulting business called Red Tree Accounting. She works 98% of the time at home and loves it. Other than that, it’s play groups, carpools (already!), food storage and projects.

Ansen (old, definitely old) had another rough year with the Yankees, but managed to find happiness and joy elsewhere in life. He finally started his CPA exam this fall and got through 2 sections so far. Ansen pretty much just worked and studied this year (besides the annual NASCAR trip with his brother in March and New York/Maine in May).

We are thankful for the birth of our Savior and for the many blessings we have been given especially in the current economic conditions. We look forward to the coming year and especially to the new addition to our family.

Love,

Ansen, Ashleigh, Addison and Olivia

9 comments:

Marie said...

Reasons to send the cards
1. your family picture is adorable, and will be outdated with no baby next December.
2. your stamps won't work next December because the price is bound to go up!
3. you are pregnant, anyone who didn't know will know with the letter, and good grief that's an excuse suitable for EVERYTHING!!
4. but most important, I WANT MINE!!! PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!

Andrea said...

Super cute! I love it! We need to get together again sometime soon!

Jamie said...

So cute!!! Thanks for sharing - and don't beat yourself up over the cards: 1. nobody cares if a letter is received in June with a Christmas stamp on it 2. we all get to see your cute picture on the blog 3. it's rare that you can blame everything on being pregnant (so use it!).

John and Chelsea said...

Ashleigh, I loved reading your Christmas letter and your kids are so darling!! Don't beat yourself up about not sending your card in time; I didn't get my poop in a group fast enough to do a Christmas card! Congratulations on another baby-I'm so excited for you guys! Again your girls are gorgeous and I love seeing pics and hearing about their cute personalities!

Leslie said...

Great family picture and super cute card design!

Jill said...

Ash,

So cute! Sorry I didn't show today. It just wasn't in the cards if you know what I'm saying. Hope you had a shake in my behalf!

Jessica said...

I sent mine super late Ashleigh and others cards are still coming to me. Just do it. Great letter and really cute photo by the way. You can't do everything, at least I know that I can not.

Amy C said...

I Love your family picture/Christmas card. I personally think you should still send them out. :) Do you guys know what you are having yet?

Amanda said...

Hee hee- I am with everyone else- send them late because the post office is mental and will increase stamp costs another 25 cents before next Christmas! Next year, just post it! Loved it- your family is fabulous!