Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

So, I'm skipping Christmas and moving to New Year's for now (and I CANNOT get this post to format right).
We've been doing New Year's Eve night with the same group of friends since college, so 8 or so years now I think. We started with no kids so obviously we were CRAZY, right? Then we started having our first kids and we still were CRAZY (we did keep our kids up until 2:00 doing karaoke one year, so seriously CRAZY, right?). Now we have too many kids and it's just not worth it the next day, so we rang in the New Year at 10:00 and went home. Next year there's a possibility of a sitter and then we'll be CRAZY again.
** I'm using "CRAZY" with the thickest sarcasm possible. **
Amanda usually organizes a really elaborate, yummy dinner of some sort, but this year Amanda had a family wedding and couldn't come. So, Jamie just opted for pizza (Jamie did set the adult table with real plates and nice glasses).


CRAZY US . . . Ansen, Ashleigh, Jamie, Jon, Kristie (Grin had to work), Natalie & Greg

(Jaxon-6, took our picture)

Natalie & Greg were a fun addition to this year. We know Jamie from college and Jon knows Greg from forever and then we moved into Natalie and Greg's ward-so one happy bunch.


The Kiddios . . . Max, Garrett, Addison, Lexi Front:Riley & Ella

(Jaxon and Gavin are being crazy somewhere else)


And this, this is to remind us that these men need to get together more often. Though I am by no means encouraging Ansen to take up hunting with Jon and Greg to achieve such togetherness. I couldn't handle a busy season and then a hunting season.


Thanks for the fun Jamie, missed you Amanda!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Aw, I missed you guys, too! We didn't even ring in the New Year like WE usually do! Going to the Aggie game totally made up for most of it! What CRAZY thing should we do next year? Rent a cabin at Bear Lake? Ohhh the possibilities..

Marianne said...

How fun! the 10'o clock part is the most attractive to me right now. We had friends over and I asked Britt if it would be tacky if I went to bed at 10 - being a host and all. Anyway - what the heck are you having! I have 3 neighbor friends and a sister-in-law all expecting twins and I'm beginning to be really worried for my little girl....

the holland's said...

hey, its courtney saw you were on amanda's blog too. congrats on the baby number three! oh and good luck. hehhe