Monday, November 9, 2009

Addie's Theatrical Debut!

Addison has been taking a theater class this fall with her friends, Kate and Sarah. It has singing, dancing and a few lines so it was sure to be her thing. But then, little did we know, they were doing 101 Dalmatians and since Addison has acted like a dog since she was 2 it was a home run!


This weekend was finally the performances and she did great! She was Perdita and my favorite part of the whole thing was that she knew Pongo's lines perfectly and cued him with the first word for each of his lines. It was such an Addison thing to do!

Olivia knew all the songs by heart too (and she HAD to have the nose every night), so I'm thinking next year they'll both do it.

The BIG Sisters (Addie & Kate)
And the LITTLE sisters (Livvy & Bella)

We had two unfortunate incidents . . . .
1. Opening night Ansen was video taping and we had decided that for that night we'd just video tape the parts she was in rather than the whole play. Pretty soon Ansen is taping away and I ask him (or reminded him) that we're just video taping Addison's parts. He says he knows that and that's why he's video taping. Uhh, no . . . Addison's not on stage yet honey. Yes, he was taping another little girl and we got the whole conversation and realization that he couldn't recognize his own daughter on tape. In his defense, the other little girl did look a lot like Addison but was clearly a Chiwawa and not a Dalmatian.
2. The night of the final performance Ansen dropped me and the girls off at the door and he went to park. Pretty soon he came in and I flagged him down. As he gets over to us I asked him where Drew was . . . umm, he's still in the car. I guess 3 is just 1 too many for us.

2 comments:

Ashby said...

I think every dad at one point forgets a kid somewhere. My dad left my brother at his office once when he was a baby. His secretary had to call him at home and remind him his kid was still at work.

Cute stories!

Hailey said...

OH MY GOSH!! Laugh out loud (or "lol" if you must)hilarious. I seriously can see the conversation between you and Ansen about Addie in my head right now, and I'm laughing! SO sad about Drew in the car...I did that to Ollie in my parent's driveway. I was too busy spray tanning my legs for a party I was on my way to to remember my 2 month old infant. NICE. I cried for weeks about it and made my mom call me frequently throughout the day to see if I knew where my kids were. Just to be on the safe side.