Friday, November 20, 2009

Motherhood

I was rocking Drew to sleep the other day and I noticed his Bumbo box in the closet and saw this . . .
So, I don't know about you other Mom's, but I can totally relate to this picture. It's like someone snuck a picture of me during mealtime. Except . . . usually I prefer a black evening dress (preferably with sleeves) or actually maybe just some black sweats. And I guess I do prefer an up do, like a french twist with diamond bobby pins or maybe, say, a ponytail. And I have problems with carpal tunnel so I don't usually lounge on top of the table with my baby. It seems to be easier to lay ontop of the black baby grand piano or something like that. I have to admit, that sometimes, he's on the kitchen counter top and I'm feeding him while I'm making lunch, talking on the phone and emptying the dishwasher. But that's a rarity, a real rarity.

Yes, yes. I would have to say that this picture depicts my life perfectly. Really it's a perfect picture of Motherhood.

(So, it makes me laugh now everytime I'm rocking Drew and I get a glimpse of it.)

4 comments:

Jill said...

Ash, this totally cracks me up! if life were only that easy right? This third one is really gonna do me in!

Hailey said...

I love her clean, freshly styled hair and earrings...of which i have neither at any point unless I'm at work or church.
Glad to know we're in the same boat!

Erin said...

LOL, you crack me up! Yeah that is totally me too

Marianne said...

Seriously - step it up Ashleigh! I mean - don't you know how much Drew would appreciate it if you looked like that while feeding him each day - I think it would mean a lot to him and he'd think - Wow, my mom is really a great mom because she neglects me for 2 hours each morning so she can look this good. That's great - just great....