Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The happenings . . . Random Jan & Feb

1. Jackie (Ansen's sister), Dan, Katie, Brian and Diane came for 10 days! We ate 7 dozen kripsie kreme doughnuts (nothing to be too proud of), Jump On It, Kangaroo Zoo, lots and lots of Settlers of Catan, In-N-Out, and the kids loved every moment!

I sadly took not one picture! I go in spurts with the camera and this apparently was an off week. Can't wait for Round 2 in May.


2. Ansen's brother Chris, got engaged to Andrea! We are seriously SO, SO EXCITED! The wedding is the end of May and we can't wait!
(Chris & Andrea at Chris' law school Graduation)

3. While my brother in law Dan was here he showed me the world of a 2 screen computer system which has revolutionized my working environment! I could probably do a whole post on this, but I'll just keep it to myself. He also fixed our microwave that has been sounding like was about to take off for 1 year now . . . you can't even tell it's going now.

4. Spent $1,200 to get our furnace in working condition again. I thought I was ahead of the game with a check up . . . turns out we were WAY behind the game after the construction in our basement. I hate having extra money just lying around in savings. It just feels so good to put it to use, especially on something I take for granted. Plus, I got the best service technician that wanted to talk married life, his engagement, parenting, religion . . . you name it, we talked about it. I also hate having extra time with nothing to do, so this was the perfect solution . . . spend my savings and fill my whole day up. Loved every minute.

5. Grandpa Hatch surprised us and came to visit! The girls had a great time playing "Blanket" with Grandpa. They would all sit under a blanket and giggle . . . oh, if I could only be that exciting that easily.

The 3 Willard Ansens . . . II, III, & IV

6. I went out on a date with each of my girls separately. Olivia's lunch date even ended with a big date hug and kiss. Addison's included a mood ring purchase. She had spent a good 10+ minutes explaining what a mood ring was and what it did. She was absolutely blown away to find that I too had once had one in my childhood. I got to tell her that that was about the same time period as hyper color shirts . . . remember those?

3 comments:

Ashby said...

Congratulations to Chris! Where are they getting married?

And I totally remember hyper-color. What's worse is my mother actually let me buy a hyper-color skirt. It would change colors when you sat down with it on. Yuck. What was I thinking?!

Leslie said...

Hyper-color!!! Crazy! Didn't remember those until you said it!

Jamie said...

What a handsome bunch of Willards!