Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Vacation to the Big City!

Ansen's new job had a big conference going on in the city (that's what we started calling to make it so it sounded more exciting) and they got Ansen a hotel room so the kids and I took a vacation to Salt Lake City. 

First, we checked in and dropped off our stuff and since Lisa works in the city, she met us for dinner at a less than desirable place.  I was trying to make us branch out and get something we can't get outside the big city, but after it was all said and done I wish I had just given into Zupas. 

Then we headed back to the hotel and took ourselves on a little tour in which Drew ran ahead, thrilled to be alive the whole.  We almost lost Drew on one of the six elevators . . . my heart jumped when I started thinking about what an absolute catastrophe that could have been . . . yeah, just think about it for a minute.

 


I spent a good portion or the evening and the next morning trying to keep the really expensive snacks out of Drew and Olivia's hands and in the mini bar.  We watched a movie, went swimming, did pedicures, went "swimming" in the bathtub, danced (Olivia in her panties of course) in front of the windows to give everyone a show and played games. 


Drew was so proud of his painted pigs.  His dad was not.

At home, I have become immune to Olivia's loudness, but at the hotel she made our presence known all morning long.  When her switch is flipped, there's no turning back.   Hopefully all of our neighbors enjoyed her belting out "Ain't no mountain tall enough, ain't no river wide enough . . ."  at the top of her lungs in the shower as much as I did and I hope they loved her new catch phrase "Boom Baby" she yelled all morning.


The girls stole their little personal bottles of maple syrup from breakfast (lucky they had Olivia's empty purse there).  I've heard them talking and one of these days I'll have to break it to them, that I'm not going to re-fill those suckers up and serve personal bottles of syrup here at home . . . I'll have to raise my rates here at Cafe Mom if that's the service they're looking for. 

Eventually we made our way home and took some big naps all afternoon.  They can't wait to get back up to the city one of these days.

Perfect little over night vacation . . . just wish we could have seen more of Dad, but he was working.

1 comment:

Amy C said...

I think that's awesome that you guys made a family trip of it to go to SLC! How fun!