Monday, February 7, 2011

Pretty, Pretty Princess

This is where it always starts . . . the hours of play in the basement.


I think that I was always jealous of my cousins' (Lyndsey and Rachel) dress up collection.  I vividly remember the pettiskirts, the big floppy hats and the ruffly umbrellas.   And due to those fond memories (and a little jealousy) I've over compensated in the dress up department for my girls. 


The more amazing dress ups my Mom made . . . Reversible capes with fur rimmed hoods, the Belle dress, the Cinderella dress and a the Sleeping Beauty dress.  I made a pretty darn good Mulan dress up and my mom helped me a Jessie outfit.   Then we've bought more along the way when I find a killer deal or gotten them as birthday gifts.

It doesn't end there . . . we have shoes, boas, a variety of hats, boots, gloves, jewelry, skirts, loads of tiaras, too many wands and make up. 


However, it has proven to be a worthwhile investment. No other toy (or even 10 toys combined) have come close to matching the countless hours and fun that have been spent playing dress up.  Plus we have collected a nice assortment of socks left behind from various friends (you just can't wear the "dancy shoes" with socks!).


It will probably break my heart when my girls get too old for dress up.

1 comment:

Matt and Jen said...

You are the coolest mom EVER!!!!