Last October we were looking to save some money and I was looking for a detox from TV.
So naturally we got rid of Dish.
Since we don't get any TV without cable we were left without TV.
When I say "naturally" I'm being facetious since Ansen lives for Sports (and the News), I enjoy some TV while I work and the kids, needless to say, pretty much love the TV too. Olivia was devastated to say good-bye to Max and Ruby mornings.
But all of that was EXACTLY why it was time to say good-bye.
I was hesitant and braced for the worst, but it was so EASY!
The goal was to stop after October Conference weekend and then start again April Conference weekend. But guess what?! We are still without and managing just fine.
Now, we'll get TV again one day, but the detox has been good.
The detox has been really good!
(P.S. We still watch movies, but it's completely controlled content, with a time limit and very, very little of it is pushing my girls to grow up too fast!)

1 comment:
And now I've found yours! (And I got your message this morning. We're good to go.)
Post a Comment