Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Carpool Foursome

My own neighborhood school carpool gave me so many fond "childhood memories."  And I can only hope that my kids get as many weird, funny and random experiences as I did to take with them in life.

And I think we are off to a good start with this year's carpool.

Parker, Kate, Addison and Luke
(minus Luke -  I waited until the last week of school
and there wasn't one day they were all there together for pick up and a picture)


These 4 are all less than 6 months apart, but the girls are in second grade and boys are in first grade.

I absolutely LOVED the conversations I got to listen to every morning,
I LOVED seeing these four "dancing" around on the corner waiting for me after school,
 I LOVED that everyday they nominated each other for "dorkiest," "dorkier," "dork," and "dorkless" awards,
I LOVED the morning Kate announced they were taking her cat to the pound and Parker told her they kill cats at the pound,
I LOVED that Luke and Addison got my jokes and Luke would sit with a smirk on his face,
I (kind of) LOVED the day they planned to pelt my car with gravel when I pulled up,
I LOVED that some mornings when I pulled up to the school they were too busy talking that they would not get out of the car,
I LOVED that all year they met up inside the school and always came out together.



No comments: