Monday, June 20, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010 . . . so late, late,late!

 So Christmas was 6 months ago, I know.  But I still want it in my blog book!

Christmas Eve fondue dinner!  I think (I can't remember the details already) that we opted for just dinner and not dessert since we're always way, way, way too full anyway.


And then the Nativity. 
Addison has officially taken over as Angel and Olivia as Mary.  This year we had some minor arguments over who got to hold the baby . . . his mother or that really, really cute shepard - the little one. 


And then onto cookie decorating.  It's a tradition, but we really took it to the next level this year . . . I think I may say that every year.  But really, we did this year.  Matt had a problem with the almond flavoring Lisa added to the frosting, though the rest of us were just fine (had to remember this part . . . it was funny the whole night).  We did frosting bags and lots and lots of interchangeable tips. 

Lisa and Jeff thought they were at a clear advantage what with their cake decorating classes and their jobs decorating ice-cream cakes . . . but it turned out with no classes and only birthday cake practice at home, the girls and I were able to hold our own.



At 12:30 Ansen finally pulled the plug on decorating. Drew was asleep, but the girls were still there going strong creating.  But Mr. Grumpypants definitely had some logic and we called it a night.  Drew woke up and so he became my happy little helper as we finished up with the rest of Christmas Eve night festivities.

Oh and I almost forgot until I saw the pictures, but we made a soda run right before cookies.  We were all a little tired and needed a pickmeup.  If you know my mom, you know this is soooo not her ideal plan for Christmas Eve (or any day for that matter).  But we did it and it was fun . . . it was worth it for the memory of driving in Jeff's jeep on the ice with the stick shift . . .  

No comments: