I just HATE spiders. I have a deathly FEAR of spiders but I have really tried to reel that in since becoming a mother. I didn't want my kids to inherit my paralyzing fear of spiders, so while inside my head I am absolutely dying at the prospect of killing a spider myself, my outside actions try to convey a clam, brave countenance. With great, great effort I have been fairly successful until today.
I was a screaming lunatic!
It all started at about 8:30 this morning when the girls found a fairly large spider on the ceiling. No biggie. I can't reach it anyway and I was not about to try getting the sucker above my head when he could possibly fall and eat my face off.
So we just decided to keep an eye on him until Dad got home. The girls dutifully did their job.
The first, big spider eventually found a second, smaller spider friend to hang out with. But then we realized that they were not friends. Have you ever seen spiders fight? We got to watch it all. Their front legs were out and at the ready for an attack and they slowly inched closer to one another.
I had everyone stand back in case they came swinging down and we were all at the ready with one of Ansen's shoes.
There was a small attack, one swung down, we screamed and they separated. A little later they found each other again, they attacked and this time were both hanging over the kitchen table. The neighbor kids came over to play right in time. I stood on a chair spraying bug killer at them (yes, in our house), screaming every time they swung in my direction and the 5 kids ran in and out of the house screaming.
After the spray, I was able to trap one under a glass while the spray did it's job and Olivia smashed the other one (that's our Olivia).
We survived, but my cover was broke WIDE open . . . I HATE spiders.
We called and told Ansen all the details, it was just so exciting!








1 comment:
Wow! You contained your fear of spiders for quite a number of years. By boys already know that when we see a spider in our house we scream at the top of our lungs and grab the nearest bottle of hairspray, cleaner, bug spray, etc and fire like crazy! It's terrible.
Post a Comment