It is no secret from our obvious physiques that we are not hikers by nature.
However, it's never to late to change, right?
We decided to hike up to the "Y" last weekend. Many warned us that it was a little more difficult than one might anticipate and many others ensured us it was super easy. There were people running up and there were a few slower than us. I think we'll lean towards the "more difficult than it looks" side . . . but doable.
It was good though and we honestly planned on next hike on the way down. The girls did not complain once and kept busy building "fires" at every turn. Drew walked the whole way down and was fairly patient with his back pack ride up.
Olivia had her first wilderness pee experience . . . it wasn't the smoothest first time.
Everyone enjoyed the after hike ice-cream and everyone sure slept good that night.




3 comments:
Totally worth it for that awesome picture!! :) Funny, I have been thinking about doing the same thing with the boys in a week or two -- but was hesitant on whether or not we'd make it! Should I try it with them or not?? ;) Harder or easier than hiking up to Timp Cave?
Very fun! We took one hike while camping a few weekends ago, and the kids had a BLAST. I thought Jane would be horrible, but she was great. We should plan another.
Oh, donut falls is a really fun and pretty easy one--but actually, with water so high this year, probably not best!
The Y hike....definetly makes me miss Utah! I remember sleeping ON the Y once in college...good times.
Post a Comment