Thursday, September 1, 2011

Are you sure?

I've been asking Olivia all summer if she's SURE she wants to go to Kindergarten and not stay home with me.  While she still promises she'll never get married and always live with me, she thinks she needs to learn things first.  Agreed.

Mom:     Are you sure you want to stay or do you just want to come home with me?
Liv:         I want to stay.
Mom:     Do you think you'll miss me?
Liv:        No.
Mom:    I'll miss you. 
Liv:        I'm sorry. I'll be home soon.

Of course I didn't want her to cry,
but it would have been nice if she could have pretended to be sad that I was leaving. 


We had to relive my disappointment when she got home.

Mom:      So, did you miss me?
Liv:         Not really.  But I still love you.

Look how tiny she looks in this big room full of kids (not missing her Mom).


Luckily she has her fabulous big sister to take care of her and talk to her through the playground fences at recess.


We got a couple of my new favorite "Olivia pictures."
Here's some of the "jumping" pictures . . . I thought they were hilarious.

And then, do you love that she's rolling her eyes at me right here. 
Too many pictures already and we were only half way done with it.


It's all down hill from here since next year it will be full days and we'll add activites and she'll add friends  . . . and my my gosh.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Hi, this is Banna talking: Olivia, you look so cute on your first day of school! I know you had a fun day. I can't believe that you and Addison are so grown up!

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear, I am not sure if I am doing this correctly. Olivia looks so cute on her first day of school. I can't believe Ollie and Addie are so grown up. I love you all.

John said...

Funny post! Yeah, kids do find a way to cut the umbilical cord way before you're ready. I always thought it was a good and necessary part of life. But sometimes you feel like a dandelion stem watching the seeds blow away on the wind. Since you've built your life around launching theirs, it can produce vertigo!

Cami said...

So sad. Jane is the same way. She could really care less if I'm around--oh, except on a cruise when I'd like her to leave me alone.

Also, once when I was 13 I left home for a month and my mom just KEPT calling to see if I was homesick, and I just never was. Sad life of a mother.