So it's already been 6 weeks ago yesterday that I got in my accident. It's kind of gone by fast like in that it feels like just 3 minutes . . . under water.
That's a smile in this picture. I remember thinking I was smiling big . . . we needed some good, happy pictures from the hospital, right?
I actually don't think I look that bad, since everything broken was inside and there was nothing they could do for it on the outside. Plus another miracle in it's own, is the only outside mark was where the glass sprayed all over my hand.
I actually don't think I look that bad, since everything broken was inside and there was nothing they could do for it on the outside. Plus another miracle in it's own, is the only outside mark was where the glass sprayed all over my hand.
Really some parts feel fast and some parts feel so unbearably long! The day before Christmas Eve I finally sat myself up in bed for the first time! It was text worthy and as soon as I struggled and got myself upright, I texted Ansen a happy dance text and got a non-happy dance "good job" back. Trust me, it deserved more.
(That's my bright pink blanket some friends brought me . . . the best thing in the whole hospital room . . . and all the flowers. I wish I had gotten a picture . . . I just don't know where my head was . . . all the flowers were beautiful.)
(That's my bright pink blanket some friends brought me . . . the best thing in the whole hospital room . . . and all the flowers. I wish I had gotten a picture . . . I just don't know where my head was . . . all the flowers were beautiful.)
Sometimes I am so impressed with my own accomplishments and then I think, well it's been 6 stinkin' weeks . . . I should be able to get my own leg off the bed.
Olivia says she wishes she had a Mom . . . I told her she has one . . . but she wants one that can do stuff like, walk and "other Mom stuff" . . . what does barking orders from my bed not count?
(this was my worst day - besides the first 2 days anyway - in the hospital . . . I was so, so sick again that day and I was suppose to feeling better. I can't remember that day hardly at all . . . luckily, right?)
I do remember thinking that I was definitely a high functioning narcotics user. I seemed to be able to think and process everything just as clear on the drugs as off . . . other than I would have random outbursts (like "it's all yellow in here") and then have to tell Ansen that I had no idea what I was saying and to ignore me. Plus I had really violent body twitches. I've now read some of the emails and texts I wrote (even to clients) and I'm mad that Ansen actually gave me a computer and let me go at it.
Luckily the first 3 weeks are a complete and absolute haze. And luckily I'm seeing new improvements almost daily now, so I'm thinking we can only go up from here.



1 comment:
It will get better. It will. Time, unfortunately, for healing. We are still so so so happy to have you with us. We love you so much. Dan
Post a Comment