Ansen and I were more excited for Easter than the kids this year since we got them a big surprise. We decided to get a trampoline this year and thought Easter was a good venue for a big purchase. We went on a "date" to "dinner" on Saturday night and spent the whole night setting up the tramp, taking the tramp apart and then re-setting the tramp up. Why make anything easy?
In the end we decided that the directions were terrible and we could not have done it without of awesome neighbors and their magic trampoline tool. We ended up with 3 different neighbors helping us finish it up and it was still 11:30. We had had to to take a 30 minutes break to "come home" from our "date" and put the kids to bed. Then use a flood light to finish the set up.
But it was worth it.
The next morning the kids followed their yarn around the house and out to the back where their baskets and the trampoline was and it was thrilling - for the girls anyway. Drew had already seen it.
Drew of course has never done this before, but on Easter morning he ran right into our room, right over to the window and looked out the blinds. He realized exactly what was in the backyard . . . "Twampoween" and started yelling "jump! jump!" and jumping around our room.
He was completed uninterested in his yarn after that just wanted to start with the place in the yarn that was going out the front door. We managed to keep it under wraps while the girls followed their year, but it was close.
We decided to take "credit" for the trampoline and in the end one was too interested in what the Easter Bunny brought . . . which by design wasn't too much.
And since I've been sewing a lot lately (it's a low energy, sitting activity that still made me feel like a person over the last 3 months) I made Easter dresses this year for the girls. I thought they turned out darling.
We were almost late for church, the sun was really bright and Ansen was impatiently waiting for us while I took pictures . . . but look at those cute dresses! . . . and those cute girls.






3 comments:
The dresses are so cute! I'm so impressed!
I am dying over those dresses! They are adorable (both the dresses and the girls)! Wish I knew how to do that. What an awesome talent to have. Oh and fun to get a trampoline too!
Oh, those dresses are fantastic!! You did an awesome job!! ...and such cute girls wearing them. They're getting so big!
Post a Comment