Tuesday, June 12, 2012

How could I?

Almost forget my baby's birthday?!  The one we've been counting down to since family birthdays started in January. 

His heart's desire was for a "green birthday."  A green cake, a green present, a green balloon . . . he's so simple and sweet at this age. 

The fun started on the 17th when we pre-made the cake and frosting together. 


Then on his birthday, his first package arrived from Maine . . . 



Liv and I took him to lunch. 

We were going to wait until the next week with Banna and Addie, but I was too tired and going out to lunch felt easier for whatever reason and since we had a good excuse we went . . .


Later I frosted his green snake cake with green frosting . . .

He thought he was pretty sneaky.


And then the green party was on . . .

I decided after the fact to make sure I always take a group picture of the birthday guests since upon looking at my pictures I have none except for Drew.

Everyone went with the "green theme."

(for whatever reason Drew changed out of his favorite green outfit and into his PJ's in the middle of the party so all of his pictures are in his PJs, his stained PJs no less.)


He got "Frank" the green snake, a green sand bucket, a green car and a green ball and bat from Lisa.  We all had to take multiple turns being "scared" of Frank when he hissed up our legs and down our necks . . . oh it was so funny . . . to a three year old.  


He got a shirt, poppers, a dumptruck, a green John Deere tractor, new, fresh play dough . . .


and this . . .

he had NO idea what it was, but he was so, so excited about it.

I asked him what it was, he struggled and finally said, "It's for your iPad!"

 . . . or it's a sprinkler to put under the tramp. 


We had cake and green ice-cream. 
Green TILLAMOOK ice-cream . . . I won't go into it, but hopefully we won't forget that funny point.


And this is further case and point that I need to learn how to use my camera.  I didn't realize it had focused on the cake and not on his cute face. 


And now my baby is officially THREE! 

He's been saying he was three for the last year, and now that he's actually three, he can't remember and tells everyone he's 1 or 18 (the date of is birthday). 


And later (in different PJs) we took a picture of him with his green balloons before we decided it was time to move on from the big day (or week). 


 

No comments: