Saturday, September 1, 2012

First Day of School 2012

I'm going on record - this was the fastest summer ever. 
Do they just get faster and faster as your kids get older and older?

Addison started the 4th grade

She got Mrs. Doel.  For the first time in 4 years, she's not in Alexis' class (one of her good friends), but after 3 years, she got to be in Kate's class again.

 
Olivia left me for good and started all day 1st grade.


She got Addison's favorite teachers - Mrs. Plank and Mrs. Barger!  Plus she's in Bella and Hailey's class again. 



It's just me and my Drew-man home now. 
 I love it and I hate it. 

(and we're still working on avoiding the iPad.)


And since I didn't want to start the new year off with high expectations - I picked them up 10 minutes late on the first day of school.  (But I give myself a break . . . I hardly drove last year and I forgot what time they got out). 

Plus I would have missed seeing them walking home together holding hands.  I hope Olivia realizes how lucky she is to have such a great big sister.


And this year we had homemade ice cream while they girls told us all about the big first day.


And for our last official day of summer, the girls "chose" an hour worth of extra work . . . I know they're awesome.  They've just been "choosing" that over friends and fun a lot lately.  I'm good with it . . . I'm just surprised. 

1 comment:

Marie said...

I just read through some of your recent posts to catch up, and I forgot how much I enjoyed stalking, er, checking up on you all! Your kids are fantastic, and I am amazed and grateful about how your accident, while still a part of your life, is something you can be so positive about in your conversation. You are inspirational, and I am grateful to know you! And I'm so glad you got another jacket and found your Ipod! The Lord does bless us mysteriously, and in His own time!!