Thursday, November 1, 2012

Coming to a Close

Physical Therapy is coming to a close . . . I hope.  I gave it a one month try a little while ago, but was back before I knew it. 

Drew and I have spent countless hours at Physical Therapy.  I know the aides intimately and they know me and all my kids very well.  Jordan even happens to also teach gymnastics to both the girls and has practically become family.


I started with a walker, graduated to crutches and eventually walked.  I started with my mom, in sweats, hopefully showered most of the time and sometimes crying.  I started with 12-15 hours per week, slight movements and lots of stretching. 

I hurt still and I'll do my routine stretches for the rest of my life. 

But even 3 months ago I was positive I would never roll over in bed again without pain, I was sure it would take me a few minutes to get my body standing upright in the morning for the rest of my life, and there was no doubt that the pain in my leg was just permanent . . . but I've improved, I'm doing better and that just proves that if I keep working, it will just keep getting better. 

It's been long, I've been committed and I am grateful to be well. 

No comments: