When I got back into sewing I decided to start easy . . . with a larger than king size quilt . . . you know, something simple. Something we could watch family movies with and that the entire family could snuggle under with room to spare. Something I could manage . . . something simple.
(Oh and I've looked at all the blogs . . . I don't know how to take great pictures of quilts)
(Oh and I've looked at all the blogs . . . I don't know how to take great pictures of quilts)
It was especially hard, since my mom has a long arm quilter so I did all the quilting by myself too. It would have been nice (but expensive) to just drop it off somewhere and be done!
But honestly if we ever have to leave our house in a hurry . . . this is on The List - maybe even top 10. Not only because of the blood, sweat and tears, but because it would be useful. We'd maybe only need it to keep our entire family covered.
But honestly if we ever have to leave our house in a hurry . . . this is on The List - maybe even top 10. Not only because of the blood, sweat and tears, but because it would be useful. We'd maybe only need it to keep our entire family covered.
In reality my hopes and dreams of the family movie/snuggling quilt have kind of come true . . . but it's also made some awesome basement forts, floor coverings and the best capes you could ever imagine. It also does pretty well wadded up in a heap on the floor. Lesson learned though . . . we're using it and enjoying it.


1 comment:
It's gorgeous!!!
Post a Comment