Thursday, December 20, 2012

Oh Easy . . .

This quilt was hanging in American Quilting and my mom, Becky and I spent 15 minutes discussing how sure we were that between the 3 of use we had enough scraps to make it ourselves . . . easy. 

We weren't even close until Becky bought a bag of scrap pieces and the project began.  Becky ended up cutting most of them and like any "easy" project this turned into mayhem with enough squares to make just at least 7 of them.  (Not worth the small amount of money we saved by not buying the kit). 

Lesson learned . . . but I'm sure it will need to be learned again . . . I just have a hunch.

 
It wasn't done quite in time for 4th of July, but it's done now.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

PERFECT!!! We needed a new quilt for the parade. I'm sure mine is all old and gross now, you know, because I'm always taking it to parades.

Lisa said...

PERFECT!!!! We needed a new quilt for saving places at the parade! I'm sure mine is all old and gross since, you know, I take it around to parades and stuff...