Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cheer - Mac's Youth Blue

I was nervous to commit to cheerleading last year.  It's so hard to know where to put your kids, how much to pay and what you want to commit to . . . every parent knows that. 


But we finished year one and it has been a great experience.  Ultimately, I want something that my kids will work at, get exercise, learn to be part of a team, be accountable to someone other than me and build confidence.  And so far cheer is working for us with Addie. 

Here she is starting with some attitude . . . that sassy attitude they need to win.


Her team won first place at all of their Utah competitions and even won a National title.


They won 4th place out of 11 at the Califormia competition.


Half way through the season, Addison got taken out of the tumbling passes for the routine. She came home devastated, but she just didn't have as strong of hand springs as some of the other girls.

Of course, I was devastated for her, but we felt sad for ourselves for awhile and then talked about our options - quit or work harder so that next season she could have a tumbling pass again.

She went with the work hard plan and we started going to the 4 hour Saturday tumbling camps, practicing at home, and decided to go back with a good, positive attitude.

I am really proud of Addie's attitude and hard, hard work this year. 

No comments: