Day 2 - The golfers golfed all morning and met the rest of us at the park for the Lehi edition of The Amazing Race.
Only 1 picture and it's a shame because it was hilarious. I put together a good mix of ages, competitive personalities, Oregon and Utah, girl and boy for some pretty funny teams.
And they drove all over,
they ate M&Ms faster than I've seen,
did amazing team cartwheels,
flipped huge tires all over parking lots,
took pictures of random people at Costco,
ran around like mad people,
made scenes at the library,
left 30+ paid ice-cream cones at JCWs (but took the crying kids),
dumped water all over themselves without a seconds thought,
had car face-offs,
blocked people in,
tattle tailed on law breaking teams . . .
all in the name of WINNING!
That's the family I know and love . . .
our competitiveness has been nurtured over the years.
I think almost every family had a least one that missed out on their ice-cream cone due to "time constraints" during the game and had to swing back by for another afterwards.
And then we hit a Bee's baseball game. Who doesn't love an All American game and a-mah-zing fireworks?!
Day 2 - Huge, freakin' hilarious success.
We had an adult discussion the next morning, which I love. Who better to get parenting and life tips than from my family I admire and look up to.
It wasn't funny (so no smiles) but very insightful and thought provoking. That lasted until Ansen put the kibosch on that since the kids' activities were getting out of control in the other room.
I kind of like that we can explain any, old, dumb game to my family and they'll do it. And they'll do it to win.
Rat Tail
Jenga
The Birthday Girls
Everyone brought a fair supply of water balloons and we played a few water games than eventually broke into an all out war.
Which went to the bitter end too.
Some of the spectators/talkers.
We had Grandma's 80th birthday party that night and ended with a couple of rounds of Comando where a win didn't mean much unless you had little kids dragging behind you.
Brooke and Derek blessed their new baby, Regan, the next day, we ate more good food and called it a Reunion.















No comments:
Post a Comment