to two events so far this year.
I had to park in my own made up, "creative" parking place, give the ticket taker guy my wallet as security (because I didn't have time to buy the ticket) and run my (and Drew's) fool head off to make it for Olivia's Festival of the Trees performance.
It was a close, close call, but I made it.
The second grade at our school decorated and donates a tree every year. Parents donate money and all the classes make different ornaments. Then they go on their fieldtrip to see their tree and sing. It's really cute and they get really excited.
And then I made it to the last 5 minutes of the state fair the 5th grade puts on. I didn't feel as anxious about this one since I had helped put the finishing touches on the project I was going to see the night before. Really Addie did most of it, I just helped out in the vinyl department.
Addie decided to do Maine, for obvious reasons. Grandma and Grandpa Hatch sent her a whole bunch of stuff to help her out. Pinecones, pictures, flags, pressed leaves, moose things, blueberry jam, a shirt, ear muffs and just a whole bunch of stuff. They best part was Grandma found maple candies and lobster candies that the kids are still asking Addie for more of.
Poor thing had to wear her same Maine shirt two days in a row for her presentation since they switched days up on her . . . but she lived.





No comments:
Post a Comment