I've been wanting to blog all week, but I haven't had time. Ansen and I are watching a movie and since I always have to multi-task and I can't sit still . . . I'll blog.
Addison went to her first day of preschool on Tuesday. Addison is naturally a very social little girl and has no self awareness issues. For example, when they ask for help in primary she never even raises her hand she just assumes they mean her and walks to the front of the room. No one ever corrects her and so now she thinks she's in the primary presidency. She refers to the primary presidency on a first name basis. Anyway, I thought I had no reason to worry about pre-school. Such a mis-judgement. She cried for 30 minutes (and she looked so excited in the picture) while Olivia played with all the kids. Her face turns bright red and splotchy like mine when she cries and so the other kids kept asking me what was wrong with her face. Finally I had to turn mean, demand she sit on the carpet, stop crying, make a friend and I left. She of course had the time of her life and even found a "best friend" already. Thursday went much, much better. I just can't believe my baby is so big!
Addison went to her first day of preschool on Tuesday. Addison is naturally a very social little girl and has no self awareness issues. For example, when they ask for help in primary she never even raises her hand she just assumes they mean her and walks to the front of the room. No one ever corrects her and so now she thinks she's in the primary presidency. She refers to the primary presidency on a first name basis. Anyway, I thought I had no reason to worry about pre-school. Such a mis-judgement. She cried for 30 minutes (and she looked so excited in the picture) while Olivia played with all the kids. Her face turns bright red and splotchy like mine when she cries and so the other kids kept asking me what was wrong with her face. Finally I had to turn mean, demand she sit on the carpet, stop crying, make a friend and I left. She of course had the time of her life and even found a "best friend" already. Thursday went much, much better. I just can't believe my baby is so big!
2 comments:
I'm glad things worked out at the end. Kids sure can be unpredictable. Skylar acted very clingly during her preschool openhouse so I was worried about the first day--but she did just great and didn't even want me to take her inside. Go figure! BTW, Addison has the most adorable hair!
That story is hilarious Ash! I am glad it worked out in the end, kids! The primary presidency bit kills me, so funny! She is so cute and sweet, I love seeing her and Laine playing together and her showing Laine the ropes!
Post a Comment