Monday, September 10, 2007

Mean Mommy Consequences . . .




We went to the park with Jen and Skylar. Jen and I were unaware of this, but Addison and Skylar were taking turns playing with a fun, used straw they found at the playground (sanitary I know, but not as bad as a bandaid). We're not quite sure what happened but my normally sweet Addison ended up whipping Skylar with her wand (or tree branch) and hurting Skylar, which unfortunately resulted in time out at the park. I make her stand with her nose against the wall and so we had to improvise at the park . . . Of course I had to take a picture (these kind things with my kids make me laugh). Notice the tippy toes even.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

You're awesome! I hate it when kids are naughty at the park and the parents don't do anything. Out of curiosity, is the Skylar in this story a boy or a girl? My Skylar is often referred to as a boy when the doctor's office or some other place calls the house. I personally think it's a cute girl's name, but then again I'm obviously biased!

Natalie Que said...

Kills me again, you are too much Ash! I love that you took the time to get a pic in the middle of the ordeal! So classic!

Trav and Linds said...

Hey Ash! I'm glad you found our blog. Your little girls are soo cute! I love their names too. I ask Megan for updates on your fam too and I occasionaly see your mom around town too. Keep in touch! Linds

r & k said...

i still think you have it easy with that girl! if i tried to have emma stick her nose on a tree, or even a wall - well, i would have to physically hold it(child and nose) there myself with her screaming at the top of her lungs "help, you're not my mom!! help! she's hurting me! somebody help, ohhh! help! case - come hit mom!" anyhow - she's cute and i think i have a baby that rivals her appetite - he is so fun to feed.

r & k said...

i still think you have it easy with that girl! if i tried to have emma stick her nose on a tree, or even a wall - well, i would have to physically hold it(child and nose) there myself with her screaming at the top of her lungs "help, you're not my mom!! help! she's hurting me! somebody help, ohhh! help! case - come hit mom!" anyhow - she's cute and i think i have a baby that rivals her appetite - he is so fun to feed.

r & k said...

i still think you have it easy with that girl! if i tried to have emma stick her nose on a tree, or even a wall - well, i would have to physically hold it(child and nose) there myself with her screaming at the top of her lungs "help, you're not my mom!! help! she's hurting me! somebody help, ohhh! help! case - come hit mom!" anyhow - she's cute and i think i have a baby that rivals her appetite - he is so fun to feed.

r & k said...

you have witnessed the patience of kami - sorry for the multiple postings - the computer froze, so i clicked stop and resend twice - oops! :)

Englishfam said...

Ashleigh this is the funniest picture ever! First because she is on her tip toes but second because you actually took it! You crack me up! Discipline is so hard, especially when you aren't at home. Way to stick to your guns!
p.s. I just started Twilight yesterday and am now on about page 50. I am liking it so far, but nothing has really happened yet...The kite runner was really depressing. It has some good themes in it, but for the most part I didn't like it.

Jolley's said...

Love it! I wish my kids would willingly go to time out! :)