Thursday, October 4, 2007

My Real Life Edward

Andrea and Kari did this, so I thought I would too.


What is his name? Willard Ansen Hatch III, but he's just Ansen. And as a side note . . . not the best pictures of us, but if this shirt doesn't scream "ACCOUNTANT" I'm not sure what would.

How long have you been together? We met August 1998 in Logan the day after I moved into my apartment and went on our first date in October 1998 (USU Homecoming) though just as friends. Then we just hung out (A LOT) until December when SUDDENLY things came to a head. I went to Maine to meet his family over Christmas. We got engaged in February and married in July. So 9 years together, and 8 years married.

Who eats more? I eat more fruit, vegtables and chocolate. Ansen eats more of everything else.

Who said I love you first? He did, but he waited to say it long after he knew it since he knew I wasn't ready to hear it. He actually knew he was going to marry me before he even told me he loved me.

Who is taller? Ansen of course. He's 6'4" . . . didn't really have a chance there.

Who sings better? Definately him, has anyone heard me? The first time he sat by me in church he thought I was joking with how badly I was singing. He's not just better than me though (since that's not saying much), but he really is a great singer.

Who is smarter? Ansen knows a little about everything (and I'm not exagerating). He proabably has more common sense too. But I know more about . . . ummm . . . taxes, domestic things, and parenting.

Whose temper is worse? Depends, mostly me though. Ansen never has a temper with me, but can get quite mad with anyone he deems to have done something "stupid" like drive slow in the fast lane.

Who pays the bills? I write the actual check, but he makes the money.

Who does the laundry? Me always. I'll have him fold if I know there's a game on he's going to just be sitting and watching anyway.

Who mows the lawn? He does and I think he enjoys it. I do the weeding and gardening (unless I drag him and the kids out for "fun family togetherness").

Who cooks dinner? Me mostly. When I have class at night right now he does, but it's a completely prepared frozen dinner I made that I leave for him. He's very capable though and used to cook a lot when we were both in school and working.

Who is more stubborn? No contest . . . me.

Who asked whom out? He asked me to USU's Homecoming (above).

Who kissed whom first? I kissed him since I told him not to kiss me because I was still figuring things out (meaning I was 18 and this was moving way too fast).

Who wears the pants in the family? Depends on the situation. I'd say it's mostly me. He rarely draws a line, but when he does, that's it and I respect it.

What I love most about Ansen (I added this one): My top 3 things . . . First, he has such a great way with people. It's a true talent. Second, I love the passion he has for things (the Yankees, Rolling Stones, music in general, golf) And third, he supports me in everything I choose to do (and I do a lot) no matter what. I know that he loves me unconditionally!

2 comments:

Natalie Que said...

Hey! That is so great Ash! We really need to double again, Ben always really enjoys getting together with Ansen. Seriously, let's do it, and soon!

Andrea said...

Awesome post! It's been about 9 years since we hung out--we should do it again (I'd be out numbered by you accountants, but I don't mind)! What classes are you taking?