Saturday, October 6, 2007

Information Only

Two things for you. . .

1. FOR MOMS: My mom and I have worked with Addison to teach her the letters and sounds for 6 months now, with some good success. I bought Leap Frog Letter Factory (DVD) and she learned them all in 35 minutes. Now I've ordered Word Factory 1 & 2 and Storybook factory. You can get them all on Amazon with free shipping if you order them all together for about $30. At first, I felt torn about leaving the teaching up to the TV, but I've decided whatever works I guess. We can move onto others things or more fun things now, right. Addison came up with the idea of writing the letters on her magna-doodle as she watches it so she's learning to write them too.

2. FOR BARGAIN BUYERS: People who know Ansen and I know that we are bargain shoppers, coupon clippers, comparison shoppers, sale watchers, etc. I wanted to share with you one of our favorite websites if you're in league with us and our shopping habits. It's slickdeals.net It's a blog where people post random deals and sales. It has odd stuff and you have to check it everyday, but we've found some awesome deals. My brother, Ryan, introduced us over 1 year ago and now my Dad, Ryan, Ansen, and my sister-in-law, Jackie, are always calling eachother to see if they saw the new post. I don't check it often, I leave it up to Ansen (since I take care of blogging), but we've got some good deals- 2 great prices on lap tops, Ansen got paid $20 to walk out of a store with a new router, free pizza from Dominos for dinner last Friday, $11/box huggies diapers . . . and more.

7 comments:

r & k said...

maybe you already know this, but i wish i had known this before i taught emma how to write: there is a certain technique in forming the letters of the alphabet when you write and they really push that technique in kindergarten. the other thing is her teacher doesn't let her write her name or anything else in all caps. that has been a struggle for her since that is how i inadvertently taught her (that's how i write and i never gave it a second thought)so, there ya go :)

Andrea said...

Hey, thanks for the website. We've been doing coupons now for a while and it is soooo fun! Today I saved $130 at Albertson's with their 10/$10 sale and coupons. I love it. I'll have to check out the website (I already tried the Dominos thing and it didn't work for me--my local store wouldn't take it).

Englishfam said...

I just went and bought the leap frog DVD for 3.24!! That was awesome, thanks for the website, I will check it all the time now!!

Natalie Que said...

Nice Ash, love it! Thanks for the heads up! We will definetely check it all out.

Trav and Linds said...

Thanks Ash! I bought the DVD too. That is a steal! We are working on letters and numbers with Boston and I love the Leapfrog stuff. If you get the numbers one let me know how that one is.

Jolley's said...

We LOOOVVEE the Letter Factory video's. We also love the Leap Frog refridgerator alphabet magnets...definetly worth the investment...a great distraction for my kids while I'm trying to cook dinner. FYI Costco sells the Leap Frog videos for really cheap as well.

Nicole said...

Thanks for the FYI, I checked it out today, looks like some good deals!