Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Happy Haunting!

Halloween is my favorite holiday and I hope I'm never too old to love it! I was looking through the pictures of last year and I just love it! Addison has decided to be Mulan (Disney)-dressed up as when she meets the match maker -and I'm having Olivia be a 50's girl with a HOT pink skirt. Addison is doubtful that I'll actually be able to sew her costume this year. She has been literally praying that I'll be able to do it and keeps telling me that Banna (Grandma) can do it for me. Have a little faith sweetie! I've also learned that you can only pick your kids' costumes for about 3 years so I've got to make the best of it from now on with each child. I'm thinking this year I'll be Frankenstein's wife since I have the long hair for it. As much as I love the dressing up, I love the loads of pumpkin sugar cookies, carmel apples, carving pumpkins, taking the kids to Ansen's work all dressed up, a spider pretzel and bloody fingers for dinner, the ward party (most of the time) and trick or treating in the freezing cold. What do you do for Halloween?













5 comments:

Englishfam said...

Awww, look how cute Olivia looks in the little cat costume! Precious! Did I mention that your sister in law looks like her and Lisa could be sisters? Funny. We had a great time at the Scarecrow Festival as well, thanks for the plug or I might have had reservations about it. It was really fun. As for our Halloween traditions, every year on Halloween night, we go over to my moms house and she makes her yummy homemade chicken soup. All the cousins come over and show off their costumes and all their candy. We are also big pumpkin carvers. I love Ansen's Yankee pumpkin! Very fun.

Nicole said...

I love that you are so into Halloween, maybe my kids should come live at your house, because I am so lame about hollidays, except Christmas. To me it is a pain trying to figure out what each of the kids will be. The kids have been begging me to decorate the front yard like all of the other houses in the neighborhood.
We have the coolest house down the street from us. Their house backs up to the lake and they have their whole back yard decorated like some sort of pirate war. They have life size pirates on their dock and on their balcony and even a boat on their dock with pirates on it. How cool is that?
My favorite part of Halloween is putting make-up on girls and trying to imagine what they will look like all grown up.

Natalie Que said...

I love Heather and Nicole's comments, funny. Totally true the Kendall looks like Lisa, so ironic since you don't! Haha

Anyway, I read it wrong at first and thought that ANSEN was going to be Mulan. I laughed my butt of until I had to read through it again and discovered it was Addison, so funny.

I love it when you kid has no faith in you, Laine has been like that lately too. Every time something is broken, she will say "It's okay, Daddy will fix it" and I tell her, no, Mommy is doing it. "No, Daddy will do it", it goes round and round...

Very, very funny post, LOVE the pics. Addison is absolutely the sweetest, CUTEST Cinderella ever! That pic is precious!

Andrea said...

You are a good mom. I'm lazy when it comes to Halloween. Maybe because I don't sew, it's hard to come up with costumes. This year Sky wants to be Cinderella, surprise surprise. Trevor is going to be bear, that is if it still fits by then. You have cute kids!

Jolley's said...

You guys look so festive! I love the coordinating Halloween costumes! And your mom...she still looks so young and beautiful! I haven't seen her in a few years. How fun!