My family developed a joke several years ago about sacrifice. Here's an example of what a true "sacrifice" would be. Last year Ryan and Ansen graciously volunteered to go last or to sacrifice for the rest of us. It worked out that they could then use ALL the rest of the carmel, chocolate and toppings that the rest of us had used sparingly in some cases so that there would be enough for all. This year Dad sacrificed and went last. His apple ended up with about 3 inches (around and high) of carmel and chocolate at the base of his apple.
The half eaten pieces of art, which to be honest, none of us are going for an aesthetically pleasing apple, just a loaded apple. (Jeff opted for the St. Patrick's day sprinkles this year.)
7 comments:
Those look sooo yummy. It must be nice to live close enough to your family to participate in these fun activities.
Those look pretty tasty, we aren't doing ours until Halloween night. Though now with seeing you doing them earlier, it actually does make more sense to stretch the sugar eating over more days and not try to cram it all in to one night. Good thinkin.
Wow! Those are some impressive candied apples...
I'm guessing that's your sister. I remember when we were at your house and saw a picture of her and thought she was a babe. We also thought we should set her up with Jason's brother. Is she still single? :)
I want caramel apples!! We don't have this tradition, but I think I might start it this year...
Why is Jeff wearing makeup in the top picture? And who helped him pick it out (because it really goes with his skin tone). Also, I just read that you can make your blog into a book... so does that mean this comment will be immortalized?
I'm just trying to create an image. the funny thing is i thought the exact same thing before reading this comment..
Post a Comment