Sunday, November 25, 2007
Black Friday Conversion!
I want to proclaim to the world that I am now a converted Black Friday Shopper! Ansen is usually the one that goes out and I stay home with the kids and sleep. This year Ansen tore the tendons in his foot pretty bad on Thanksgiving night. (This, plus the fact that he threw my pumpkin cheesecake on the ground during the fall was a tragedy, but he's going to pull through and so did the cheesecake. ) So, since he was crippled, I set my alarm clock in case when it went off at 4 a.m. I felt like going. Obviously, I wasn't going to "feel" like going when my alarm clock went off, but as it was Addison actually woke up and needed to go potty, then Olivia woke up crying for a couple of minutes and then Ansen was snoring. So I decided I'm wide awake, I'm going shopping. I can't claim to have gotten all these huge, killer deals, but I had so much fun! Everyone is so happy to be out shopping and everyone is expecting the crowds. I left at 4:30 and didn't come home until after noon. I was even itching to go out on Saturday. I had a great time and I have to say my most impressive shopping experience was at Cabela's. There were a million employees everywhere to ask for help and the lines were only 5-10 minutes long even though it was the busiest store I went to. I've decided that my new tradition will be Black Friday shopping with my sister (who needs no convincing to go shopping) and my mom for the social/family event. If you're interested let me know. I also learned that team shopping is an important element of Black Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I too braved the crowds early Friday morning! I think shopping on Black Friday is so fun! I love some of the deals you get, and I think the best part is actually shopping without the kids!!
Once again, hilarious. Katie is a BF shopper, I have never been converted. It sounds dreadful to me since I don't really like to go shopping anyway. And since Santa is not coming to our house this year...
Heather, my mom, and I and my aunt and her girls went shopping on BF. It is actually a tradition for us and we love it!! We usually eat at IHOP and enjoy our day. Glad you got converted!! It's the best.
I would LOVE to go shopping next year on Black Friday, I'll just need a round trip ticket please...
Oh come on, I would make a GREAT addition to the team, I'm REALLY pushy!
Post a Comment