Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Here we go again . . .

If you're wondering why we become MIA over the next 4 months it's due to busy season! YA! Ansen isn't even in tax, but it's audit season too. He does inventory observations all January, and then the audits begin with the 70-80 hour work weeks (and weekends) . . . he luckily gets overtime! They specialize in SEC audits which are due May 15 and extensions due May 22. So I'm a single (working) mom until then. I do a little tax work, so my busy season starts up too. How fun are we? Seriously! Okay, let's hear it . . . bring on the accountant jokes. And no, we don't fight over who balances our checkbook! And I know what you're thinking . . . boo-hoo for us- we picked it.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Ya it's crazy time now. Nate is in audit and so I was surprised at how busy it is for him. What's worse I think is that he's busy now until April and then he's even busier May-June because of a certain audit he's on. Don't get me wrong, I love accountants, but it's not like you're saving the world or anything!! I just don't see why ya'll need to work so dang much!! It's only been about a week of this and I'm already sick of it.

Andrea said...

BTW, Nate doesn't get overtime pay. Are there any openings where Ansen works???

Marie said...

OK, you asked for it, so I googled accountant jokes!! Here's a favorite:

A patient was at her doctor's office after undergoing a complete physical exam. The doctor said, "I have some very grave news for you. You only have six months to live."

The patient asked, "Oh doctor, what should I do?"

The doctor replied, "Marry an accountant."

"Will that make me live longer?" asked the patient.

"No," said the doctor, "but it will SEEM longer."

Cheers to a LONG, LONG marriage!! Oh, and a happy one too.

Andrea said...

How do you know your accountant is an extrovert?

While talking to you he's looking at your shoes instead of his own.

Unknown said...

Hey Ashley - sorry it's been so long, you probably thought I dropped off the face of the earth! I still have your fabric and will bring it by sometime. Especially now that you are crazy busy and won't be able to get out much. Is your basement done yet?
Erin