Thursday, January 10, 2008

Best thing ever . . . . 8:30 Church!

And there is no sarcasm in there! Good-bye 2:30-5:30 church, good-bye interupted naps, good-bye crabby baby inactivity, good-bye hunger headaches, good-bye and good riddens! What's the excitment about? I'll tell you.

1. No time to procrastinate in the morning
2. Sacrament meeting is more reverent -we can hear the speaker now
3. My primary kids are awake and happy - and so is our baby hence the reason we are completely active again
4. No one is hungry (Fast Sunday will be so much easier)
5. But, the best part is ( . . . drum roll . . . ) we come home at 11:30 and it's lunch and naps for all! Even after a 2 hour nap, it feels like we still have a whole day together!

In addition to the wonderfulness of our first Sunday with 8:30 church, Olivia started nursery! She did great for her first week in nursery. She went right in and I left, but when I picked her up she wouldn't let go of my hand so I think she realized that something was going on there. We'll see how long it takes until she connects that every time she goes in that room, her parents leave her for hours. When Addison turned 18 months I couldn't wait until she could finally go to nursery and I remember thinking she was so old. This time around I look at Olivia and think, are you sure she's ready? She's just my baby! My prospective has completely changed between kids! Then again, I've been in primary for 6 months and Ansen has had her every Sunday.

7 comments:

Natalie Que said...

Yes, early church is better, but 10would be the best for us, 8:30 is still a bit ambitious. Though come to think of it, it was great for us when we had 8:00 church because we usually missed half of it. We are not morning people yet. I think our church is at 1:00 now, at least is was last time we were here but maybe they change it up with the new year here too.

Anyway, Congrats on your great schedule!

Amy C said...

Early church is great! I agree, it's nice to have some day left after you've been at church for 3 hours! I know what you mean about not feeling like your 'baby' is ready for nursery. When Justin and Dallin went, I had a 2 weeks old baby, so I was ready, but with Isaac, he goes in a week, and it just feels like he isn't old enough, but I too have been in Primary for 6 months, and Tom has had to deal with him, So I think Tom would be more likely to say he is ready to go (or was six months ago) into nursery.

Nicole said...

I second Natalie, 8:30 is way too early! We are at 1:00 this year and I love it, although I am probably the only one, I always hear people complaining about it. It is so nice to sleep in and just relax and take it easy in the morning. Plus, it gives me plenty of time to review my lesson and read the scriptures and just hang out. Plus when we got home, we had dinner and then it was time for the kids to go to bed and the day was over. I am not a morning person though, and Hayden takes a morning nap, so it works for me. Plus I am not a napper, so when we have morning church, I just end up having to watch all the kids by myself when Nick falls asleep. Does anyone else like the 8:30 schedule, that is soo early! Glad it works for you.

r & k said...

i wouldn't have said this a few years ago - but i love early church as well. it doesn't seem to throw the kids off as much. now . . . if we could just get it changed so sacrament is first, i think we might have a fighting chance :) congrats on olivia going to nursery! that's crazy that she is that old?!

Ashby said...

I'm with you on that one! We just moved to 9:00am church and it is WONDERFUL. Emma actually sat through Sacrament Meeting....the whole thing. It was heaven! Hope you enjoy your early year!

Jolley's said...

We just switched to 9am from 1 and I completely agree with you...MUCH BETTER!

Mel said...

I am not a morning person so 8:30 would be the death of me. I understand the nap thing but I would rather wrestle through church then get up early. Ours is at 1:00 and we totally relax. I am in nursery though and the kids are so tired by 4 including my son. How is your gym going?