Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Inventory

So, today's little project . . . I am finally unpacking my food storage that has been packed since Oct. 2006. We sold our condo in Oct. 2006 and moved in with my parents for what we orginally thought would be 2 months TOPS, but turned into 7 months while we looked for a house. We moved into our house in May 2007, but left everything that would go in the basement in boxes in the garage while we slowly finished the basement. We've finished up to the paint and we're out of money for carpet until we've earned some extra with busy season. I am so sick of the garage situation though that I'm going to move everything into the storage rooms and closets NOW since it can stay there while the carpet is being put in.

Today the girls and I seperated everything to take an inventory of what we have and what is still good. A lot of it's okay because I continued to shop the sales while I was at my mom's and here. Anyway, this little project turned out to be a lot of work with a lot of dust. I think I'll let Ansen get all the water and 10-cans from the cannery . . . .


As it turns out we have enough BBQ sauce, shampoo, toothpaste, granola bars, pineapple and cereal to last us 6 years. We may be starving to death but at least our teeth and hair will be clean . . . provided we have enough water. And I'm sure that granola bars dipped in BBQ sauce will be a nice change when we're sick of just granola bars.


6 comments:

Mel said...

I am impressed with what you have!! As you know that is one of my goals this year is to be better. Thanks for the comment on exercise. I have been a 3 time a week girl for years. That is why I have stepped it up to 4-5. That is realistic for me and I actually feel sad when I can't do it. When you out of the mode it seems dreadful to start and then you start and you kind of sort of like it!! I would love to come with Heather sometime and visit with you. It would be fun!!1

Englishfam said...

Food storage is a never ending battle! The granola bars dipped in barbeque sauce sounds pretty appetizing. haha Doesn't it feel good to get a project done though? If only I could get myself to paint...Hopefully next week. I say that every week!

Amy C said...

Wow, I'm very impressed with all of your food storage!...and isn't bbq sauce good on anything!

Nicole said...

Very impressive! I wish we had room for those cool shelves, it makes it so much easier to rotate everything. Food storage it a lot more challenging when you don't have a basement. It looks like you are doing a great job, good for you!

Natalie Que said...

Wow Ash, I am impressed. You are way better than we are. Don't worry about the expiry dates, they are just a suggestion... I tend to ere on the side of the food being borderline spoiled.

I have such a hard time with food storage since we don't eat much besides fresh foods, I have no idea how to accomplish this task!

Amanda said...

Go Hatch family- I am very impressed with your storage! You are an awesome Mom, Ashleigh!