5 days old
1 year old
2 years old
(the obsession with dogs was just beginning)
and presents . . .
3 years old
(pink cake with pink frosting and pink sprinkles)
4 years old
(excuse the rockin' hair here . . . we'd been up since 4:30 a.m., missed a flight home from Oregon, finally made the next one later that day and the hair just didn't make it. this picture actually prompted the bob she sports now,)
5 years old
Addison turned 5 on Sunday (that is 4 Sundays ago-I'm still behind)!! I can't believe that my baby #1 is already 5! Addison picked her birthday dinner a few weeks ago. She wanted ribs, mandrin orange salad, mashed potatoes with cheese, rolls, carrots, oh and "remember when we went to Outback and Daddy and Chris had that meat? I want that." So, ribs and steak. I was thinking nachos, pizza, or corndogs, but apparently she's learned some of the finer things in life. Anyway, we made it happen and then it took constant prodding to get her to eat it. It made us laugh. Anyway, for the family party we had a white cake with chocolate frosting and pink poka-dots. I picked the ice-cream (my favorite-Dryer's Heath Bar), but it had some relevence to her birthday. My mom and I took her on her first outing to Walmart (I know . . . something to remember) and that's the special night we discovered my favorite ice-cream. She got a new bike, books, a tea set, some school prep stuff, and some leggings. She's been wanting leggings so bad since she started pre-school and one of her friends wears leggings.


13 comments:
5 years old! are you kidding me?! that is so crazy! i love her baby pic - i forgot how much hair she had! happy b-day to her and you soon!
When they handed Addison to you did you have the same reaction that I had when they handed Hallie to me. Hallie also had a ton of dark hair and dark skin and I though "are you sure this is the right baby?" Not quite what I was expecting being that Nick and I are both quite fair.
She is so cute, I love all of the pictures. And your cakes are really cute. Go you!
Wow! I can't believe that she is that old, but I guess it makes sense, because Justin will be 5 in August! Wow how time flies! I love the cakes you've made! The lady bug and the brown/pink polka dots, they are adorable!
I am so sad we missed the birthday. She looks so old in all these pictures. Tell her happy birthday again for us and that we love her!
I guess I didn't realize how much she has changed! I didn't know she had black hair! Never would have though
I can't believe you have a 5 year old. Her hair was really dark when she was a baby. Oh man, they grow up so fast.
She is such a DOLL in every picture! Kate will be 5 this summer. It's crazy how time flies by!
So cute! I still remember when I was her nanny, man that was a long time ago! She is so grown up and Lisa is always telling me her funny stories. She is a character! And I can't wait to see her rocking out those leggings!!
Cute cakes! You do it all don't you? So... we live about a street away from each other - we need to get together! Especially now that tax season is mostly over.
Happy Birthday Addie! Cute pics and stories, and yes, your cakes are way cute.
WOW! 5 years has flown. I still remember running into you in the parking lot of Shopko right after you had her. You shared the horrors of nursing...so funny!
Happy b-day!
I was reading this thinking....has it been five years already? But it must be since you were pregnant at our wedding.....FIVE years ago. I love her hair cut, and I would love more than anything to cut Brooklyn's hair like that....but the Hatch I'm married to like LONG LONG LONG hair. I don't get it!
Happy Bday Addie! What a cutie pie.. I too enjoyed all of the pictures of her cakes thus far.. great idea!
Post a Comment