Friday, March 28, 2008

9 Tries Later . . .

I look at Natalie's cooking blog and I'm in wonder that people enjoy cooking THAT much. I cook for survival really. Now granted "survival" comes quite often throughout the day around here. I'm here to announce that after 9 years, I have finally MASTERED a German Chocolate Cake (from scratch)! Ansen loves German Chocolate cake and I have tried every year since we started dating. I've gone from disaster to disaster. Two years ago Ansen even scraped all my frosting off, bought store frosting and re-frosted his own cake. But this year it was perfect! I'm even going to admit that there was left over frosting which I ate with a spoon the next day because it was just that good!


The second try . . .

And though this year a picture of the just the cake was fully deserved, I didn't get one.

1 comment:

Natalie Que said...

Happy Birthday Ansen! Hilarious story about the cinder blocks. It reminded Ben and I about the Seinfeld episode where Kramer tries to sell the bottles.

Anyway, congrats on your cake. I love shimmy-shimmy coconut. Let's have the recipe, I'll post it on the blog. And I really can't imagine that anyone doesn't LOVE cooking, it's crazy! It is so fun!