Ansen's brother, Chris, was here last weekend. Chris and Ansen go to the Las Vegas Nascar race every year (I know) and they love it. Chris is in law school in Connecticut and he doesn't have Spring break for another week, Ansen is in the middle of big-time busy season, but why would that hold anyone back from Nascar? We had a fun time with Chris here. We took him to the Dinosaur Museum Friday, they went to Vegas Saturday and Sunday, Monday we hung around and then went to dinner with David (their friend they grew up with in Maine that lives here now), Tuesday we went to Rubio's (Chris' Utah Favorite) for lunch and then to the airport. I guess we didn't do anything huge, but Addison had a lot of fun with Chris. She keeps telling everyone that Chris calls her Addie the Great! And now being sincere, I'm really glad that Ansen and Chris get to do things together (even Nascar) and I'm glad it's a priority for them to be together. Thanks for coming Chris!
Insert side comment here-Ansen claims that Nascar is the most watched sport in the US. And amazingly enough, women make up over 40% of the fan base. This I cannot believe. He also says that watching the race on TV is fine, but you won't become a true, converted Nascar fan until you go to a race. This I have heard a lot. He also says that there is nothing that compares to the people watching opportunities at a Nascar race. Now, this I believe.
3 comments:
OK, I have to put in my two cents...
Bill is a HUGE NASCAR fan, which at first bored me to tears. However, the way to understand NASCAR, as a woman, I feel, is to watch the race on TV... when there is a RAIN DELAY. Then the announcers interview all the drivers, and you get a real idea of who they are. You hear the practical jokes the play on each other, you see them with their kids, hanging out. And after you see them in their true element like that, you can cringe for them when they are being interviewed and you hear the cash register ka-ching with every insult they make about Goodyear's tires (that Goodyear supplies, FREE OF CHARGE), oh, poor Tony Stewart. He's so misunderstood.
Am I right Ansen?
The actual race is only good if you buy the thingy so you can hear the announcers. Otherwise I can't keep track of WHAT's going on!
All I associate with Nascar is WHITE TRASH!! Maybe it's because everyone I know that goes is! Maybe I should rethink it???? Ansen definately doesn't fit the mold :)
Love hearing about Nascar fans....you know...we just so happen to live in Nascar Land--if he ever wants to visit! :)
Post a Comment