Tuesday, November 4, 2008

To Do: Vote . . . Check

Ansen spent 2 hours voting, I spent 15 minutes. Tonight Ansen will stay glued to the TV for hours and I will be in the other room. I don't like the anxiety of waiting and watching as one state ticks by at a time. There's nothing I can do to change the outcome, so just tell me the outcome when it's all done!
Whatever the outcome, I have my concealed weapons permit class scheduled and Ansen's on the hunt for a new, special assault rifle he thinks we won't be able to get for very much longer. Oh, and I've been feverishly working on my food storage! Yeah, I guess it sounds like in our eyes Marshall Law is around the corner and the world is coming to an end. We'll see.

8 comments:

THE KLUNKERS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

Wanna come over for a pity party? We're having comfort food tonight -- and maybe for the next few nights... heck, maybe for the next 4 years!! ;-)

THE KLUNKERS said...

Hey how are you? I found your blog through Jill I hope that is ok. I posted a comment and then deleted it because I thought I better talk to Heiko first. He said to have Ansen call him about the weapon he is looking for he may be able to help.
Your girls are darling :)

Jessica said...

Amen sister! I completely agree with all of your thoughts.

r & k said...

way to blow it, maine!! what is thee deal with those guys! :) (that was actually from r)

i am still trying to convince r we need to get off the grid and get some cows and chickens - haha - jk.
(kind of)
i am going to go grieve now, i just found out my good friends, America, democracy, and freedom have a terminal illness called obama-pelosi-reid-omarxist.
k-thanks-bye

Amanda said...

I am afraid of socialism- maybe Obama will change his mind now that he is in the upper class! I was actually okay with it after his acceptance speech- but somebody else writes that, though.

Jessica said...

I felt the same way when I heard the numbers last night. Change for the sake of change, but who defines what change really is? I feel a little helpless and quite uncertain about the future right now.

Ashby said...

Word has it that Ansen's been calling all his Hatch cousins looking for an AR-15 assault rifle. Just tell him to keep his notes.....we'll need to invest in one of those as soon as we move out of here!