Sunday, January 25, 2009

Big Girl Now!

Olivia owed me this one because of some of the things we've endured with her thus far. . . Potty Training- We're DONE!
My mom kept asking Olivia if she wanted to stop wearing diapers and be a big girl (plus wouldn't I love to save $40/month). I however, was not that interested. I remember the agony of potty training Addison only to achieve such goal to find out that all of a sudden you're running (literally running) to the Walmart bathroom and exposed to all accompanying awfulness. I remember cleaning the pee out of her carseat on numerous occasions, mastering the poop in the potty-not the panties, the countless potty charts, and play day on the tile floor in case we had an accident.
Anyway, Olivia came in 3 Saturdays ago and said "I don't wear diapers anymore." We put on panties and we've only had 1 1/2 accidents since. We've even managed 4 hour long shopping trips with no potty break (because I forgot). I try to remind her, but most of the time she lets me know when she's ready. She still wears diapers for nap and night, but we're done for now!
Thank you Olivia!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Ahh... just in time to start buying diapers for another one! ;)

r & k said...

wow - a compensatory blessing perhaps? that is great!

Amanda said...

wOO hOO! Congrats! I really think that when it's their idea it makes all the difference! Can't wait for Bobby to do the same!

Mel said...

Lucky you! I am glad she wasn't that hard. I think this is one of the worst parts of toddler hood. Who ever said wearing diapers wasn't easier? You will be glad when your next baby comes around!!

Unknown said...

I totally had the same feelings about 'not wanting' to potty train my second because of the TERRIBLE experience potty training the first! Then Clara started pulling off her diaper and pooping on the floor next to the toilet... so here we are again, not so fortunate as you! :)