So maybe for the first time in a LONG while I felt like a success as a mother on a holiday. I feel like I always fall short on my really great, cooked up plans to make family traditions and make it special. I'm not sure if I passed as a great wife this year, but I passed as a Mother.
Addison and I made our own Valentine's for her class and her some neighborhood friends. It turned out that we had different artistic views, but in the end compromised and they were really cute and fun for us to do together.

Roses from Ansen . . .

We made sugar cookies for us and friends . . .

Ansen and I wrote some reasons we loved each of the girls on hearts and put them all over their doors the night before . . .

Valentine's morning we had pink, heart pancakes, bacon and orange juice. The girls were over-the-top excited about pink pancakes!
We got them Fancy Nancy books and matching pens with a plume. Olivia naturally broke hers within minutes so we can now tell them apart more easily. (And obviously Olivia has a new special smile for pictures these days.)

And later that night, a hot date of dinner and stake conference for the happy couple. It actually was a great meeting. A few of the talks were exactly what Ansen and I have been talking about lately and it really felt like the meeting was just for us.
I really love my husband and my girls!
Happy Valentine's Day!
4 comments:
How fun! I love the hearts on the door. What a fun idea! And super cute Valentines by the way.
What a lovely post! I love the hearts on the door idea too!
Cute girls! We LOVE Fancy Nancy at our house too! What a fun day for you guys!
I ditto that first paragraph! Every holiday I seem to rate myself, too! Cute Valentines and pics of the girls!
Post a Comment