Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter

Addison opted to have the Easter Bunny come to Grandma's house after church rather than our house before church as long as "he could get there on time and not make her wait in the basement or something. " (Guilty in previous years)

The ontime Egg Hunt . . . .

The participants (my mom still makes Jeff participate for the "all adult" basket of candy)

The Hunt . . .

And the Loot!

Next, the traditional treasure hunt (a family tradition I participated in well into my mid 20's). Though Addison could read the clues, and Olivia seemed excited, they didn't get the TREASURE part of the hunt and so we were in NO hurry what so ever.

The Prize . . . my chickens!

I've been planning these little Easter Chickens for months, and it was so built up in my mind that I was sure it would be a disappointment when it actually happened. But no, there was no disappointment. We love the Chicks!

Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Hailey said...

How fun!! When I was little we got a chick and a baby duck one year. I'll always remember it, though I have no idea what happened to them! I'd love to know the details on how you went about getting them...it would be something fun to do for my kiddies in the future!

jryanwatkins said...

"Well into your mid-20's" ??? I assume that includes the Marriott egg hunt in Park City?

Jen Anderson said...

You have officially become more country than me!!! You are much braver than I am - Jeremy's family is into the whole chickens and fresh eggs thing but I have drug my heels so far . . . I'm interested to see how it all goes for you! Cute pics of the kiddies!!