So, we love the chickens! Really a low maintenance pet, so far. We've named 3 of the 4 . . . Big Mama (Olivia), Snuggles and Betsy (Addison). Luckily, it's Spring Break so Addison and Olivia can monitor them ALL day long! Addison demonstrates every move they make (and that part is exhausting since I have to be totally interested with everything). Olivia reports to me every time "they flied." But they love them. We get them out twice a day to play with them and they're both professional chicken handlers now.
Side Benefit: It's like Spring all day long (even with the snow) since I can
hear birds chirping the ENTIRE day.

Olivia needs a little help with her handling because I think she's going to squeeze one to death. She keeps saying, "I want the baby one! Put it in my hand and I smash it (so it can't fly)." Perfect.
Please ignore that I'm wearing winter themed PJ pants, an attractive shirt and to finish off . . a non-matching coat (not the that shirt was matching either).
I'm pregnant AND it's the 15th-TAX D-DAY!

I've totally surprised myself, because this is so not me. . . I have 4 chickens living in my kitchen and I'm still all for it.
10 comments:
What a cute pet! Olivia's smile is priceless...
I am wearing those winter themed pajama bottoms today... but Chickens?! Wow! What's your plan for them as they get BIG?
I'm not sure if you posted all 3 of these posts at once or if my blog just didn't show that yours was updated until this one... but I wanted to make sure I commented on your festivites (since it's no fun posting and not getting comments!) I love your chickens and your little chicks (girls) too. Olivia cracks me up!
For the record, I don't buy into your exit strategy. How on earth are you going to convince them to give up their pets? A friend told me that his sister did the same thing... and 4 years later they have a chicken pen in their backyard in suburban Sandy, UT. Apparently, somebody told the kids what happens when the chickens "go to the farm."
That's so adorable! Lil girls do love chickens for some reason though, my dad just bought some and my nieces love them, they named the chix crazy names too! Too much fun!
You are a better Mom than I. :)
Are you planning to keep them? They are cute, and here in ME I would assume you are, but in UT? Inquiring minds want to know!!
I don't see anything wrong with what you're wearing. I'm still wearing my pj bottoms too. Thanks Kris for those!
and you said I was a "hick" - ummm . . . i don't have chickens in MY chicken :) too funny!
I love the names that you kids picked for there chickens!
Post a Comment