Tuesday, May 19, 2009

SUPRISE!

Our sweet new baby is here!

Willard Ansen Hatch IV (Drew)
(the Qua DREW ple)
Since we already have a Willard and an Ansen we're going to call him Drew.
7 lb 13 oz 21 in


Off to the Hospital . . .



And the story . . . Monday morning at 3:00 a.m. my water broke and any and all hopes of a regular birth were crushed! Lisa came to watch the girls, and we headed to the hospital at 5:10. We were first in line for a C-section at 7:00, but got bumped 3 times and finally went in at 11:20. So, I did have to have a C-section, but on the flip side, I luckily never felt one contraction. He was officially born at 12:04. I'm still in shock a little because both the girls were late and I thought we were going all the way again!




26 comments:

the holland's said...

congrats! he is adorable, i love babies!!!!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations on a beautiful baby! I love the picture of him right up by your face--you look gorgeous. Maybe I should get a c-section so I look decent after delivery. I hope to see this baby before he is walking!!

Jolley's said...

CONGRATS!! What a cute little guy. I know he's super newborn in the pictures, but to me he resemebles Olivia. Ansen looks like quite the proud papa as well!

Hope you're recovery is quick!

THE KLUNKERS said...

Congratulations. He is beautiful!

Leslie said...

Every one is so different.. you can never count on any pattern! :) I was so surprised to hear that you had had him because I had just talked to Ansen like 18 hours before and it sounded like a long haul still! :) I was really hoping you wouldn't have to have a C-section... but at least you didn't have to go through another version and you both are healthy!! Plus, I've had two successful VBAC's, so it doesn't mean you're resigned to C-sections for any future pregnancies!

I am so happy for you guys! I know how rough it can be recovering from a C-section, so please let me know if there's anything I can do! Oh, and LOVE "qua-DREW-ple"... hilarious... perfect solution! ;)

Leslie said...

Oh, and I have to say that is one proud papa in that picture! Congratulations Ansen! :) That second picture of Drew is just BEAUTIFUL -- what a perfectly precious little boy!!

Kobie said...

Congrats! He looks so sweet!

Jill said...

He's beautiful! Love the name (all of them). Love that you look like a super model at the hospital. Seriously, you look so pretty! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!

Amber said...

Oh LOVE the name! I am so glad you guys found a way to work out the name and make everyone happy.

C-sections are the way to go! Glad Drew is here and everyone is dong well!

Congrats!
Amber Cain

Mel said...

Yeah Ashley! What a cute name and an adorable baby!!!

Nancy Clark said...

Congratulations! I love the name as well. (Tommy has a friend named "Tre"--because he is a so-and-so the Third.) I was going to email you some tax questions today, but I guess I'll give you a few days off... ;)

Brammer Family said...

Hatch Family! Congratulations on your sweet new baby BOY!!! He is so sweet, cute and chubby! :)

You will just love having a little boy! I'm so very very happy for you!

I can't wait for more pictures and I hope you're all doing well!

Lots of Love,
The Brammers

r & k said...

sweet! i have been checking your blog like everytime i'm on the computer to see if the little guy has arrived - i have been dying to see if you were going to do the IV thing - i was hoping you would - congrats!! glad all ended well! (well, besides you being sliced in two) talk to you later, k-thanks-bye

Jamie said...

Holy Cow! I guess my phone message the other day is unnecessary. Congratulations to all of you!!! He is such a cutie and you do look awesome. My c-section with Rylee was planned and I was able to get make-up and hair done as usual and I still looked like crud. I'm so glad you're both doing well! Has Ansen taught him the Yankees line up yet?

Marianne said...

what a sweet baby! Does it feel like you took a serious load off or what! I hope you're recovering from the whole c-section thing but that's what happens with boys - trouble. Is the vacation going to happen? I can't wait to see more of him and I hope you're getting by! It's a good thing they're so stinkin' cute or we'd be wondering what we just got ourselves into.....

Ashby said...

Congratulations on Drew's arrival! Ansen looks like such a proud new daddy! I hope your recovery goes well! We are so happy for you guys!

Hailey said...

He's here!!! Yay! He is SUCH a doll! How much fun for you to have a boy after 2 girlies! So sorry about the C-section...please let us bring you dinner or let me come take your girls for you for the day. I'll call you.
Love the solution to the name...Perfect, and so clever :)
What about your trip??
We'll talk soon!

The M&M MacArthur Family said...

Yeah!!
Congrats! At least he's here and in one piece safe.
He is so cute :)
Sorry about the name...at least it is not Big Willy!!
Thanks for everything. I am going to miss you this summer.
Love, Melissa

John and Chelsea said...

Congrats! He is so darling, and you look really pretty in all the pics! And very cute and clever name! I really like it, and I'm so excited that you two have a little boy now.

Ashlee said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Both Mom and Baby are beautiful! I hope you are doing well. You have such a cute family. Hopefully I'll run into you at Costco soon so I can see the little guy in person :)

Jen Anderson said...

Can't wait to see the little guy - so cute!!! Glad everything went well love you guys!

Kristie said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you so much for pre baby pedicures hu :) I am so glad to here all went well now what about vacation are you ventureing?

chris said...

Congratulations Hatch Family! A boy is SO much fun. So happy all is well and healthy, aside from the expensive C Section. I'm so thrilled for you. Take care,

Chris Pickup

Erin said...

Congrats!!!! I was talking to Addie yesterday at church in Sharing Time and when I asked about the baby her little face just lite up!!! She was so excited. I'm glad to hear that you are doing better and will spot by to see that little cutie once you are all settled in.

Amanda said...

Okay, where have I been? Congrats! I knew I just needed to check the blog for the big news! He is so cute and Drew is a great name! We can't wait to meet him!

Stacey DeMille Wardwell said...

Ashleigh, Drew is really beautiful - and I mean that in a manly way:) Congratulations to you and your gorgeous family! I'm sorry for your complications, hopefully you'll soon leave all of that behind and be able to enjoy your little guy. Hope to see you both soon. Stacey Wardwell