Monday, August 31, 2009

School Bound!

First day of school! Addison got the 8:00 track this year which has turned our life upside down. After 12 years (except for various semesters in college) of late, late night and late mornings the time has come to be real people with real schedules. We are now up at 6:45 and rolling. The hardest part is looking at the clock on 11:00 pm and realizing it's bedtime and not just the start of another work night. And it's weird, but fabulous, looking at the clock at 10:00 am and realizing how much I've already gotten done!
Addison and Kate . . . I can't tell if they're excited or scared to death gripping each other's hands.
Anyway, first day of school we did awesome. I went in to wake Addie up and she said she's been laying there waiting for me and she was sure Heavenly Father had blessed her to just wake up (what a sweet child). Addie has 7 kids from our ward in her class and knows a couple more from kindergarten. She has split teachers-Mrs. Plank and Mrs. Barger. One of her teacher's favorite books is Fancy Nancy (perfect match)!
Yes, I followed her around and took a billion pictures (my first born).

After school, we all crashed for 2 hours and 45 minutes-the early morning was tough on us. Ollie spilled water and ended up sleeping naked.

1 comment:

Hailey said...

What fun to have two kiddies in school! Hudson just started, and I have to admit, it's kind of heavenly and hectic all at the same time. What a great mom you are!