Thursday, August 6, 2009

So, 3 is killer. Or maybe I just forgot what it's like to have a baby again. Drew (knock on wood) is another happy baby but I hold him almost all day. He's just so sweet and they grow just so fast. At first I was frustrated that I got nothing done all day long, but now I've mentally given up and it's just so much better that way. Everyone keeps saying you just have to let things go. And more and more goes with each new baby. When school starts we'll start a schedule with the girls and work and sleep train the baby. But for now we're honestly just hanging out all day, everyday loving our baby (and watching TV in our pajamas).

9 comments:

Quast Family said...

3 is a lot harder. and i still havnt fugured out why. kyler is almost 8 months and it has only been the last 2 that we have finally figured out a decent schedule. its hard to let things go, but makes life that much easier. besides, when they are grown and gone, we will have all the time in the world!!

Jolley's said...

#3 was a killer for me too. Definitely have to learn to let things slide....for me.. a lot of things :) But, there is something to be said for sending kids back to school and getting through that "adjustment" phase.
Hopefully #4 isn't as bad....

Hang in there, at least it seems like you're having fun!

Erin said...

It's better to just give in a little and enjoy the time that you have with them all before school starts! Having 3 kids was the hardest adjustment for me, I just didn't have enough hands :)

Unknown said...

Way to go! It's amazing how hard it is to let go of that sturctured, controlled lifestyle. But if you don't do it every now and then you could risk going crazy! Hang in there.

Kate said...

I seriously wouldn't mind a day of hanging out with the kiddies in my PJ's all day....

Hailey said...

I don't know if I have anything left to let go---I'm scared!!
I always feel like things start adjusting naturally when the new baby is about 6 months or so...for now, just enjoy it if you can GUILT FREE!!

chris said...

For those times that you have to get something done...despite all my wishing, the laundry gnome and kitchen fairy have yet to come do my wash or load the dishwasher...I highly recommend a Moby. It made my life a lot easier when baby number 4 rocked my world. Hang in there. Before you know it, Drew will be emptying your cupboards and playing in the toilet. :)

mikeandang said...

Ashleigh,

I am giving myself a time out in my room right now to try to get away from my 3 little hoodlums. They are in bed playing and I am trying to stay away so they can make it to their next birthdays. I used to think 3 was easy until my sweet little baby started getting teeth and learning how to yell like the other 2. Oh, well. Anyway, I've just been blog hopping a little and found yours on Natalie's (Riley/Gildea, whatever). Anyway, it's been such a long time. Your kiddies are cute and it sounds like you're doing okay. Don't worry I have a sink full of dirty dishes, a massive pile of laundry, greasy hair, and no desire, whatsoever, to do anything. I will have to add your blog to my list so I can check it out to see what you're up to every once in a while. Mine is at mikeandangalee.blogspot.com.

Your long lost friend,

Trixie (or was it Jules? I don't remember)

Marianne said...

He's just as cute as the girls. I need to keep reminding myself it's okay to let it all go....and by "all" can that include my whole house, my whole yard, my whole appearance and my whole silverware drawer? I hope so because they've all gone......and I can't seem to find them!