Remember that song? . . .
I went to a Personality Profiling Class last week with my mom and sister. I was skeptical until I read this section in the book and I became a believer . . .
"You have a lot fun decorating for holidays, especially Halloween. I have not yet met a Type 1 person that does not like Halloween. It is common that it is their favorite holiday. Everything about Halloween screams Type 1. The dressing up, the trick or treat theme, and the spoofing are all animated fun."
Seriously, Halloween is my FAVORITE! and this was one of the BEST Halloweens in a LONG time since it stretched over 2 weekends and I now have 3 kids to dress up!
It all started with the ward party (chili cook off, cake walk, pumpkins-the typical ward party),
Grandma Hatch and our niece Kate was here!
then the family party (costumes, Halloween treats, pumpkins and Carmel apples),
fifties girl and the fairy
Punk Rocker
Grandma Hatch making apples with the girls
This is how Olivia put the candles ON every one's pumpkins as they finished. She had NO idea.
next Olivia's preschool party, then Addison's school party and parade,
For Addison's school party I got a book called One Witch and we made a nasty witch's brew. It had marsh mellows (finger bones), Swedish fish (fish tails), licorice rope (rattle snakes), brown coconut (hair), tootsie rolls (musty moths), pomegranate 7-up (vampire blood), gummy worms (slimy slugs), plastic spider rings (spider soup) and slivered almonds (bird claws). Surprisingly quite a few kids drank/ate the whole thing. Addison of course did. I made it for Olivia when I got home and she kept saying, Stop, no, that's gross mom. She really only wanted the 7-up.
Megan, Addie, Kate
The parade went through the whole school and then snaked back and forth through the gym. Addison did not loose character for ONE second.
a costume birthday party for Olivia and finally the actual Halloween night!

Addison originally wanted to be Hannah Montana and I did everything I could to direct her else where. Then she got her cheer uniform and started considerating being a cheerleader. Our neighbor found her pompoms at the dollar store and that luckily pushed her over the edge thanks goodness. The only stipulation was that she wanted glitter and lipstick. Done.
It was clear that this was my last year deciding for Olivia. She wanted to be Hannah Montana and then a cheerleader (get the jest here), but I talked her into a pink fairy because I really wanted to make a new tutu. Grandma Hatch came and brought her the PERFECT green shoes with white Polk a dots and pink leggins to go with her costume. Again though, glitter was a major MUST.
Drew is my side kick so since the plan for me was a witch, I wanted a cat, spider or bat. I found the cutest spider costume for him and Ansen reluctantly let him wear black tights with his costume. I was kind of a failure this year with dressing up, but I did go as half a witch.
And Ansen-he was a Yankees fan. He was so into his costume that he stayed glued to the TV all night (Yankees in the World Series was on).
Halloween night was great! Drew made it around the immediate neighborhood and then the girls' and I finished up the rest of the ward. Olivia got cold and we ended up following Addison and her friends around the last cul-de-sac in the car. 
So a BILLION pictures, but it was so fun and I'm so glad that the girls are finally old enough to enjoy Halloween with me!

So a BILLION pictures, but it was so fun and I'm so glad that the girls are finally old enough to enjoy Halloween with me!













4 comments:
So much fun to look at your fam's happy Halloween! I love how much you love it (and I'm glad you didn't cave to the Hannah Montanna :)). We've got to get together...me miss you guys so much!
I'm so jealous that your kids get to dress up for Halloween at school! Brooklyn totally got jipped this year. At least there was a party, but where's the love? NO costumes, NO parade, nothing. When I was teaching I LOVED seeing all my kids in costume and marching in the parade. It was my favorite part of the year. Oh well.
Looks like you guys had a fun, jam-packed Halloween!
Fun! I love all the pictures. And Adison cracks me up! she was so funny trick or treating!
So cute! I am impressed with Addie's splits! Tons of fun!
Post a Comment