Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bring It On!

Our newest venture with Addison is Cheer and it's been a great experience for her (and us) thus far. It's a lot of tumbling, good exercise, four good friends from our ward and really close to our house. We were a little fearful that she had inherited my super uncoordinated body, but she's worked hard and things are coming along. She can't hardly walk without doing a cartwheel or round off, she finally mastered a back bend and is working on her back walkovers.
(Turns out it was really hard to get a picture of all four girls looking and smiling.)

I really thought we had made a good move with Cheer until I went to our first Cheerleading Competition. The movie, Bring It On, seems to be a pretty accurate description of what we got ourselves into. Luckily we were 3rd to perform, took some pictures and headed to IHOP with 3 of the 4 families from our ward. 6 adults and 2 babies at one table and 7 extra hyper kids at their own table eating chocolate pancakes with bowls of extra chocolate chips, whipped cream and syrup . . . but we did draw the line at soda for breakfast. It was definitely one way to the end the morning . . . I don't know if I'd say it was a great way to end the morning, but there was a lot of laughing none the less.

Here's to several more competitions coming over the next few months (and maybe Mimi's next time).

No comments: