Monday, April 19, 2010

The Big Birthday Boy!

I got a package (only a few days late) for "Bday Boy Hatch" and I spent several minutes trying to decide who sent Drew such an early birthday present . . . Sorry Ansen. Ansen's been around for 11 year and Drew not even a year and the brain immediately goes to Drew (unfortunately that's what any baby does to any mother though, right? :)).

It was Ansen's 34th Birthday last month and for the 3rd year in a row I got the cake right! First try and everything. And now I'm wondering how in the world I was able to sucessfully RUIN every cake for the first 8 years. But anyway . . . we had Hamburgers (since it was nice enough to grill) and then cake and ice-cream.
And then the presents. I asked the girls what they thought we should get Dad for his Birthday and Olivia became set on a Barbie, a boy Barbie, so he could play Barbies with her. So she picked a good one out that could go swimming and we headed home.
As we got in the car, Addison whispered . . .
I didn't even say anything when Olivia picked out a Barbie for Dad.
I love the super huge perma-grin (with lip gloss) Liv has on while she's waiting for Ansen's to open her present!
He also got ties, $ for a new driver, $ for more Ammo, a bucket at the driving range and marshmellow fluff from Maine.
Then we all went to bed . . . including Ken (Olivia found him a special bed).

Just a scripture case and a wallet . . .

We sure love our Dad! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Hailey said...

I really laughed out loud on this one! I even showed Steve the Barbie bed. You're a good sport to spend the money...I would have tried to talk my kids out of an idea like that. You're a good mom!

Kobie said...

The picture of Olivia waiting for Ansen to open his present made me laugh so hard. No joke! And I love the Barbie bed. Hilarious post!

Leslie said...

Man that is just AWESOME!!!!! I think that is SO COOL that she wanted to get him a Ken doll -- you let him -- and Ansen loved it! HAHA! FABULOUS!!

Jessica said...

I laughed out loud too! I loved the barbie bed for Ken. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us.