Wednesday, June 9, 2010

We've Arrived . . .

We are part of the club you never want to be a part of . . . we became official owners of a mini-van last year. We were sittin' pretty with all 3 kids in the Taurus, but it was miserable since no one could do their seat belts, we could barely shut the doors, it was a nightmare trying to get the baby seat in and we couldn't be in any carpools. After months and months of looking at vans and never finding the "right one" because there is no right van that doesn't make you feel like you actually hit that point in life, we finally found our dream car.

It does come equipped with the DVD player which at first we swore we were going to rarely use, but the opportunity to have a full conversation with Ansen even though our sweet children are staring mindlessly at the TV is a small trade off I guess.  At least it's a trade off I'm willing to make . . . almost all the time. 

The saddest part, is that Olivia will be in mid-sentence and as I hand her her "goggles" (or headphones) her sentence just trails off to nothing as her brain shuts off to watch a movie.  And the best part, is Olivia screaming at me because since if she can't hear me, I can't hear her, right?  I love when she's yelling at me to watch a funny part of the movie with her . . . even when I'm the one driving.  The yelling usually makes me laugh every time.


No comments: