Catch up . . .
On the 3rd of July we decided to go "big" and go over to the neighbor's house that has the perfect view of Thanksgiving Point. Luckily we got there 10 minutes early because the fireworks started 3 minutes early and then ended in 3 minutes. It was the saddest, little firework show I think I've ever seen. So we packed up and went home . . . wow, what fun (heavy, heavy sarcasm)!
Then nothing big for the actual 4th, but on the 5th (Utah style) we went to the Provo parade - like always. Ansen "sacrificed" this year and went early to save a place. We always have Einstein bagels, cream cheese and OJ, this year courtesy of Lisa and Banna.
I'm trying to remember since it's been so long, but I'm pretty sure the parade did not disappoint this year and hey, I managed NO sunburn this year.
And here's the proof that I was actually there. See me behind that cute, crying baby, packing up the stroller in the background there . . . So, yes I was there.
Then BBQ and a professional game of croquet. Apparently I've just made up my own rules to croquet my whole life. We used to play at my Grandma's all the time.
I've always known I was married the Farmington, ME croquet champion (we still have the croquet set he won), but I did not realize the extent to which this should have impressed me.
So, we played croquet with the right rules and it turned out to be a little long. Ansen won of course . . . he's a champion, afterall.
And this year, rather than going with my usual efforts to ruin holidays (family joke) I made a great contribution of fruit pizza. And John Watkins: Gelato Maker made us some great gelato!
Matt was really impressed with my fruit pizza and rightfully he should have been! There it is in all its beauty on that small, pretty tablecloth, I mean plastic bag.







1 comment:
better late than never! ANd I love the little mans hair...very stylish. :)
Post a Comment