Olivia's first time with gum in her hair!
When Addison was a little younger than Liv is now, I outlawed gum until she was 12 since I kept finding in the carpet, stuck to her clothes, and in her bed, but never her hair. I've gotten a little lax about the 12 years old rule and I did prefer Olivia chewing gum rather than Ansen's good earphones (and literally whatever else is just sitting around).
Even though this could have been way worse, I think we're going back to the 12 years old rule.
Drew's first (and unfortunately not last) time playing in the toilet!
I was unloading the groceries and talking on the phone. Then I heard Ollie asking Drew how he got so wet.
He wasn't just wet, he was drenched from head to toe.
I realized pretty quick that it HAD to be toilet water and I was just hoping against all odds the toilet had been flushed. I don't know what the deal is, but it's really, really hard to remember to flush the toilet (when you're a girl who is less than 8 years old) around here.
It wasn't flushed and he was soaked but really thrilled with himself. Of course he did this little ditty the day I was taking dinner to 2 families, I was already running behind schedule and had definitely not planned on a bath at 4:30 in the afternoon.

I had hoped the this would really hit home for the girls about the importance of flushing the toilet, then this might have been all worth it in the end. But sadly it didn't and sadly Drew thinks this is the best new thing in the world to play with . . . just a toilet and its brush.

2 comments:
Sorry, but I don't have good news about the toilet flushing thing. We have an almost 11-year-old who regularly doesn't flush the toilet. I think she does it just to be spiteful. I'm not sure how I'm going to break her of it. Good luck!
Our girls aren't flushers either. Which makes me hope against all odds that Lily doesn't become our one child to play in the toilet. I'm impressed you thought to grab your camera!
Post a Comment